Position Location: Salinas, CA
INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES through community
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
Natividad may offer up to a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into permanent full-time positions.
Natividad is currently seeking a permanent, full-time Dietitian in the Dietary Department. This position is responsible for providing nutrition counseling and education to patients, as well as consulting with the medical and nursing staff on nutrition as needed.
Example of Duties:
- Provides nutrition counseling and education to in-patients and out-patients
- Prepares education plans covering the steps of nutrition assessment thorough evaluation
- Interprets clinical, biochemical and lifestyle data for use in nutritional education
- Prepares, maintains and updates teaching materials and uses motivational techniques and strategies in nutrition education
- Documents the counseling process, keeps records and maintains files
- Consults with the medical and nursing staff on nutrition as needed
- Provides guidance to Dietitian Aides regarding processing diet orders, calculating menu adjustments, and mixing nutritional supplements for patients on regular and special diets
- Supervises Dietitian Aides if assigned a position that stipulates that function
- Participates in the Department’s Quality Assurance Program
- Provides dietetic advice in response to infrequent requests from other County departments concerning specific residents at Adult Rehabilitation or Juvenile Detention facilities
Minimum qualifications include possession of a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) certificate issued by the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association, as mandated by the State of California. Possession of a Certified Diabetes Education (CDE) certification may be required for some positions.
The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of nutritional therapy; clinical and biochemical data; educational techniques; the interviewing process; nutritional assessment motivational techniques and strategies; charting in patient medical records; and recordkeeping.
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty/jobs/3409252/dietitian?pagetype=transferJobs or visit http://www.natvidad.com.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V