Community Health Alliance
Location: Reno, Nevada
The Community Outpatient Dietitian is responsible for personalized nutrition counseling and assessment of CHA patients referred into Pediatric Nutrition Counseling program and/or other CHA nutrition programs. Additionally, this position also serves as a support dietitian for high-risk clients within the WIC program.
Role: Provides nutrition counseling and assessment to referred CHA patients and WIC clients.
1. Provides individual and/or group nutrition consultation, focusing specifically on behavioral change to improve nutrition and physical activity habits of the individual or the entire family.
2. Provides the nutrition assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of infants, children, adolescent, families with potential to include adult and geriatric patients
3. Completes a nutrition care plan for every high-risk WIC client within 60 days of identification and schedule follow-up counseling as needed.
4. Assesses clients for medical or social needs and refers to CHA or other community organizations as appropriate.
5. Maintains accurate and comprehensive charts on clients either in the WIC MIS/paper chart or CHA’s EMR.
6. Maintains close communication with CHA medical providers and serves as an integral member of the medical team, attending provider meetings to keep CHA staff informed of nutrition issues.
7. Evaluates clinic operations and suggests on-going improvements and enhancements based on the evaluative results.
8. Works with Nutrition Program Manager to develop, organize, coordinate, and evaluate nutritional component of health care services for organization
9. Recognizes the importance of continual learning and consistently reads best practice materials and attends applicable conferences and training in an effort to stay on the cutting edge of WIC nutrition programs.
- Observe WIC Eligibility Workers performing certifications and nutrition education appointments to ensure compliance with Nevada State WIC standards.
2. Coordinate on-going education on nutrition topics and other mandatory WIC training topics.
3. Serves as preceptor for nutrition and dietetic students, providing them opportunities to observe nutrition counseling sessions, develop lesson plans or work on other nutrition projects as appropriate.
4. Participates in State/Federal WIC or nutrition meetings in order to stay informed about policies, procedures and program requirements.
1. Maintains Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration as a Registered Dietitian, including required continuing education.
2. Maintains a minimum breastfeeding certification of a Certified Lactation Educator (CLE).
3. Utilizes knowledge of State of Nevada WIC policies and procedures in performing all work duties.
4. Utilizes knowledge of CHA policy and procedures, HIPAA, OSHA and other regulatory agencies in performing all duties in the clinic.
5. Utilizes resources as needed to meet needs of the organization, reporting staff and client.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Dietetics or related field required.
- Must be registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and be licensed with the State of Nevada as a Dietitian.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in outpatient or clinical nutrition setting.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Pediatric Weight Management and/or Adult Weight Management Certification desired
- CDE a plus
For Questions Contact:
Director of Human Resources