Regional Food Administrator (Food Administrator II)
Company: California Correctional Health Care Services
Location: CCHCS Headquarters, Elk Grove, California – approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento
Annual Salary: $76,896 – $95,532
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking an experienced dietary services professional to serve as the Regional Food Administrator, providing consultation in the planning, organizing, and directing of food service and dietary activities to staff working within institution-based Correctional Treatment Centers throughout the state.
In this key role and under the direction of the Chief of Dietary Services, you will also:
• Train dietitians and other food administrators on nutritional assessments and counseling, the development and implementation of nutrition care plans, and Medical Nutrition Therapy
• Assist with the development of statewide nutrition education materials; develop and implement food service operation procedures and standards; plan and approve therapeutic diet menus and standardized recipes
• Prepare reports, budgets, and estimates; inspect facilities for compliance with safety and sanitary requirements
• Travel frequently to institutions throughout the state
In order to qualify for this opportunity, you must possess:
• Two years of experience as a dietitian, nutritionist, or food service manager with supervisory responsibility. This experience must also include responsibility for a program of food preparation, serving, buying, storage, and nutritional accounting in a hospital, school, industrial plant, or similar organization serving a minimum of 500 people per meal.
• Equivalent to graduation from college and completion of an approved internship in institutional management or dietetics. Membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or eligibility for membership may be substituted for the internship.
In return for your efforts, CCHCS offers a competitive benefits package, including:
• Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
• State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
• Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
• CEU stipend with paid time off to attend
• And much more
To apply online, please visit https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5634534&user_id=
In addition to Minimum Qualifications, you must possess documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or medical/religious exemption.
Please call Tim Koch at 916.691.2874 with any questions or email any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.