Outpatient Adult Transplant Dietitian
Company: UC Davis Medical Center
Location: Sacramento, California
Various Shifts Required
Salary Range: $41.17 – $60.02 (hourly)
Food and Nutrition Services provides for all Food Services and Clinical Nutrition needs for the UC Davis Health Sacramento campus and network of primary and specialty care practices in the greater Sacramento region. We inspire health and healing in our community through sustainable and nourishing food.
Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
- Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RD/RDN) registered with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Commission on Dietetic Registration • Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required based on area assignment within 3 months of hire or upon an assignment change requiring BLS.
- Bachelor’s (or higher degree) in Dietetics, Nutrition, or related field or equivalent degree.
- Successful completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice experience, approved or accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Knowledge and application of medical nutrition therapy principles, including enteral and parenteral nutrition support.
- Knowledge of medical nutrition therapy principles in pediatric populations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand and be understood in English.
- Specialty Certification in area of practice preferred (e.g., but not limited to, CNSC, CSO, CDCES, CSR, CSG, CSP, CSPCC, CSOWM, CSSD, RDN-AP/RD-AP, etc.) • Two or more years relevant work experience preferred.
- Work experience or majority of clinical training in a large teaching hospital/academic medical center.
- Experience using electronic medical record.
- Experience teaching and supervising dietetic interns or other students.
- Must be willing and able to work variable shifts (including weekends and holidays), hours, and to rotate to various units/buildings/areas to meet the operational needs of the Department.
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=260749
Job ID #53941
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer