Position Offered: Nutritionist/Dietitian I/II
Position Location: Placer County, CA
Job Description: Placer County Health and Human Services – Public Health Division is seeking a self-motivated and flexible individual with outstanding customer service skills to provide services in the role of Nutritionist/Dietitian I/II for the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program.
This federal assistance program provides supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk. The Nutritionist provides counseling to high-risk participants, communicates with healthcare providers on WIC participants’ behalf regarding access to healthcare and therapeutic formula requests, and is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of nutrition education materials and class lesson planning.
Placer County is comprised of over 1,400 square miles of beautiful and diverse geography, ranging from the residential and commercial areas of South Placer, through the historic foothill areas of Auburn, Foresthill, and Colfax, and to the County’s jewel of the North Lake Tahoe basin. Placer is a great place to live, work, play, and learn! For more information about Placer County, please visit www.placer.ca.gov.
Depending on area of assignment, telecommute options may be available, subject to approval by the Appointing Authority.
Nutritionist I: $29.99 – $37.45/hour; $5,198.27 – $6,491.33/month; $62,379.20 – $77,896.00/year
Nutritionist II: $33.05 – $41.29/hour; $5,728.67 – $7,156.93/month; $68,744.00 – $85,883.20/year
- This classification received a general wage increase of 4% effective 7/2/22 and is scheduled to receive subsequent general wage increases of 4% in July 2023 and 4% in July 2024.
- Employees who are designated to use a second language in the normal course and scope of work will receive five percent (5%) bilingual pay.
Placer County offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees, including:
- Holidays: 14 paid holidays per year, 2 of which are floating holidays*
- Vacation leave: 10 days/year with ability to accrue 25 days/year
- Sick leave: 12 days/year*
- Cafeteria plan: 6% of employee’s salary will be contributed towards employee to use towards 401(k), dependent care, medical co-insurance, or cash
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available for employees and dependents
- $50,000 life insurance policy at no cost to employee
- CalPERS retirement plans
- Retiree medical insurance
- Deferred compensation
- Education allowance: up to $1,200 per year
- Bilingual incentive: incumbents may be eligible for bilingual incentive pay depending upon operational needs and certification of proficiency.
*Amounts will be prorated for part-time employees and employees hired after the first of the year.
Please go to https://www.jobapscloud.com/placer/ for more information and to apply. This recruitment will be open until filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Applications will be screened on a bi-weekly basis.
Placer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.