Rethinking Our Food Myths – Key Questions – Diablo Valley District Webinar – Free to all Members
Rethinking Our Food Myths-Key Questions
Tuesday, May 24th, 6pm PST via Zoom 1.0 CEU will be awarded
Many food myths revolve around questions that we are confused about. This presentation will address some of these myths about pork and give you a firsthand look at how pork is raised today. Topics addressed include:
- Is pork good for me?
- Is pork good for the planet?
- How do I purchase quality meat for my family?
This presentation will provide current, peer-reviewed research about pork’s role in a healthy lifestyle, farm sustainability, and antibiotic oversight.
- Understand emerging trends in agriculture that are helping improve sustainable farming practices and how those trends have helped pig farmers reduce pork’s impact on the environment in terms of land, water, and energy use.
- Explore how today’s pork fits into a healthy lifestyle.
- Comprehend the changing landscape of FDA rules affecting antibiotic use in all food animals with a focus on medically important antibiotics.
Learn culinary techniques to make the most out of your client’s food budget, including buying tips, a review of cooking temperatures, and best practices for storing
(Please note this is a different form than usual) Free to all members and non-members!