Director of Nutrition Resources
Job Description INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES through community. At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
Natividad is currently accepting applications for a permanent full-time Hospital Director of Food and Nutrition Services position. The incumbent will plan, direct, coordinate and supervise Food Services activities and operations including, but not limited to, procurement, receiving, storage, preparation and menu planning for Natividad, and will perform related work as required.
Example of Duties:
- Develops and implements the Dietary Department goals, objectives, policies and procedures that direct clinical nutrition services, food preparation, distribution and service, purchasing, sanitation, safety practices, performance improvement, and staff education and development.
- Oversees the food safety and nutritional care aspects of the Dietary Department to ensure full compliance with federal, state and other regulatory agencies.
- Develops work plans; assigns work activities, projects and programs; oversees managing the daily food production including production planning and controls, develops patient menus, including recipe compliance and food quality, and manages inventory.
- Monitors operating standards, Quality Assurance Performance Improvement, and develops reports for various hospital and medical staff committees.
- Develops new and reviews existing programs; recommends and directs implementation of changes.
- Provides technical expertise to other departments.
- Directs the preparation and administration of the Dietary Department operational and capital budgets; manages and monitors monthly financials; maintains financial records and reports.
- Prepares and reviews a variety of complex and comprehensive reports
- Negotiates contracts with contractors and consultants, including reviewing proposals and developing contracts.
- Manages the hiring, training, promotion, evaluation and discipline of hospital Dietary Department employees; maintains all in service records for employees.
- Evaluates staff performance, provides employee counseling and recommends employee discipline; participates in the selection of new employees.
- Represents department to outside groups and organizations; participates in outside community and professional groups and committees; and provides technical assistance as necessary.
- Participates in management meetings as required.
- Possess and maintain a Registered Dietitian License or Certificate for a Hospital Dietary Supervisor pursuant to Section 70275 Dietetic Service Staff of Title 22
- Possess and maintain a Certification in Food Safety administered by an approved and accredited food safety certification exam pursuant to Assembly Bill 1978
Education – Possession of a Baccalaureate degree for an accredited college or university with a major in nutrition, dietetics, food services management or closely related field OR possession of an Associate of Science degree with a major in Dietetic Technology and two additional years of experience as noted below may be substituted for the Baccalaureate degree.
Experience – Two years of full-time experience or its equivalent as a Supervisor in the Food Services Division of an acute care hospital or other health care food service environment.
PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Sunday, June 18, 2023 at 11:59pm. Application materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until positions are filled.
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty/jobs/4027872/hospital-director-of-food-and-nutrition-services?page=2&pagetype=transferJobs
or visit http://www.natividad.com.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V