Company: Contra Costa County Health Services
Position Location: Martinez, CA
$66,681.24 – $81,051.48 Annually
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is offering an excellent career opportunity for qualified individuals interested in the Dietitian position for the Nutritional Services Program at the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center.
Dietitians provide nutrition education to individuals and groups and will plan, implement and evaluate a nutritional care program for hospital and health center patients. Duties also include working with patients, physicians, food service personnel, and other health care team members for the provisions of optimal nutrition care. Additionally, Dietitians gather information from appropriate sources to make nutritional assessments that are then used to develop a plan for patient nutrition health care. Dietitians also observe patients and family members for nutritional information, monitor and record health care data and review charts to maintain quality assurance. The successful incumbent will be responsible for identifying patients requiring nutrition intervention and developing menu plans. Dietitians may also be required to work on weekends and on an on-call basis.
We are looking for someone who has:
• Ability to accurately assess, diagnose and treat nutrition-related conditions
• Knowledge of dietetics and hospital food services and practices
• Knowledge of nutrition requirements for a wide variety of patients
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to work in a team environment
• Attention to detail and excellent observation skills ensuring that nutritional assessments are completed
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to identify nutrition requirements for a wide variety of patients and accommodate cultural and linguistic differences.
• Compiles relevant information from appropriate sources to make nutritional assessments of high-risk patients
• Observes and interviews patients and family members for nutritional information
• Develops and implements a plan for the provision of optimal nutrition care
• Develops educational materials and provides nutrition education and consultation to individuals and groups, and evaluates effectiveness
• Identifies and prioritizes patients requiring nutrition intervention
• Develops menu patterns for individuals in accordance with physicians’ orders
• Monitors and records data in the nutrition care plan and charts the nutritional progress of individuals
• Participates in interdisciplinary nutrition support rounds
• Updates and participates in the development of nutrition policies and procedures
• Provides in-service reviews on a quarterly basis to maintain quality assurance
• Provides in-service training to Nutritional Services staff and other health care team members
• Participates in orienting resident physicians to the role of nutrition in patient care
• Assigns nutrition care related tasks to appropriate personnel and coordinates the performance of these tasks
• Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of clinical nutrition care services
• Conducts special studies and projects as assigned
Certification: Current Certificate of Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
2a. Successful completion of an Accredited Dietetic Internship Program; AND 2b. Proof of acceptance for admission to the next scheduled examination for Registered Dietitian by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. (Must successfully pass the examination prior to appointment date).
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: A background investigation/fingerprint and/or physical exam may be required prior to the start of employment.
The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six months.
To read the complete job descriptions and apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta/jobs/2731100/dietitian?keywords=dietitian&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs or our Careers page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta.