Location: Virtual and/or In Person
The CDR Obesity Certificate Program Advisory Group is seeking to increase its current presenter/facilitator pool for the Certificate of Training in Obesity Course. We are looking for individuals currently specializing in adult and childhood nutrition and weight management as well as expert facilitators to assist with the development and presentation of instructional content.
Recruitment applications are due by May 15, 2022, for the facilitator opportunities to begin Fall 2022. If you wish to apply for this opportunity, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- 90-Second Video of yourself that provides an answer to the question: “What are the most important qualities in a facilitator and which of these would you bring to the Certificate of Training in Obesity for Pediatrics and Adults”.
Program Facilitator (Virtual and/or In-Person) Qualifications:
Practitioner or clinician who has extensive experience (5 or more years) in one or more obesity and weight management-related domain areas, is currently practicing in overweight and obesity treatment, and who has a proven ability to facilitate interactive learning activities and experiences such as scenarios, case studies, skill building exercises, and counseling techniques.
The Facilitator may also have content expertise and experience in specific areas such as healthcare systems, bariatric surgery, physical activity, counseling, etc. The primary tasks for this role may include:
- Identify case examples, use cases, and other realistic situations that support the learning goals for the face-to-face session and virtual live events
- Review and provide input to content and processes developed for scenarios and other realistic interactive learning experiences.
- Review and edit post event certificate test questions.
- Participate in event preparation and rehearsal.
- Facilitate learning activities and provide expertise at two-day face-to-face workshops and/or 4 day virtual live events
- Collaborate with other facilitators via regular conference calls and timely (48-hourturnaround) email communications.
Honorarium: CDR will pay an honorarium in accordance with the Academy’s/CDR’s honorarium policy and dependent upon work product.
PLEASE NOTE: To avoid conflict of interest, it is the business practice of the Academy/CDR to preclude nationally elected and appointed Academy/CDR leaders from initiating a contract with the Academy/CDR for services and payment after their term of office begins.
Again, CDR is very interested in advancing our pool of presenters/facilitators. Please apply! Thank you.