Assistant Director of Food and Nutrition Services
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Ontario, California
Assistant Director Food and Nutrition Services Position Location: Ontario, California Job Description (paste your description here). Be sure to include information on how an applicant needs to contact you to apply, or with questions. Please provide any links and/or emails required.: At Kaiser Permanente, our focus on total health allows us to work as one. As one team driven by talented, passionate health care professionals. One community focused on making healthy choices. One organization using the latest innovations and most advanced care to serve 12.5 million people across the country. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in each member’s mind, body, and spirit, join us at the heart of health care.
Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs provision of high-quality, cost-effective inpatient clinical nutritional services and inpatient feeding operations that meet or exceed TJC, regulatory and budget requirements. Collaborates with Outpatient Clinical Services managers to plan and coordinate provision of clinical nutritional services in the outpatient arena.
- Plans, develops, controls and coordinates the provision of nutritional services including professional services, nutrition care services, in- and out-patient feeding and computer nutrition programs.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures for area of responsibility.
- Acts as a key liaison with professional staff (physicians, nurse managers, pharmacists, and other Kaiser staff) to ensure open communications regarding patient food services and nutritional care services.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, departmental safety, and risk management issues for area of responsibility.
- Actively participates in the Service Area and departmental quality assurance programs and ensures quality care of members, patients, and staff by the continuous monitoring and improvement of related activities.
- Collaborates with the other Service Area Assistant Directors to plan, integrate, and coordinate provision of products and services for all customer groups.
- Collaborates with the management team in developing short- and long-range goals and objectives for the Food and Nutrition Services Department that complement the Service Area and Medical Center Strategic Plan.
- Manages activities of assigned staff to include staffing, recruiting, hiring, orienting, training, performance evaluation, counseling, and disciplining.
- Assists in planning and development of departmental operating and capital budgets, monitors payroll and non-payroll expenditures for Nutrition Services.
- Ensures on-going compliance of all services with TJC, Title 22, and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a clinical setting.
- Minimum one (1) year in a management and/or a supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s degree in food and/or Nutrition Science.
- Registered Dietitian from Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of clinical competencies based on nutritional care standards of the American Dietetics Association, American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, and relevant practice groups.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computerized food service management systems in the provision of patient care required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
For immediate consideration, please visit https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/ontario/assistant-director-food-and-nutrition-services/641/45727010592 for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 1163928.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers