Company: University of Pacific
Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor
Posting Number: F00596
Full Time – For first consideration, please apply on or before June 2, 2022.
Department of Nutrition faculty are responsible for providing all aspects of didactic and clinical education for its programs. We aspire to promote student-centered learning within a humanistic environment such that students are enthusiastic about providing scientifically-based, patient-centered care. Teaching is the primary focus of faculty at the University. Scholarship and professional service are valued by the department and University of the Pacific.
- Teach in-seat, hybrid, and/or online courses as assigned in areas of expertise. Design and deliver courses using competency-based education model and innovative teaching and learning modalities.
- Advise and mentor students including on their capstone projects.
- Collaborate with other health programs in inter-professional education and initiatives.
- Engage in scholarship and professional development activities.
- Participate in service roles at the departmental, school, and/or university levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Credentialed as a registered dietitian nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Terminal degree in nutrition or nutrition-related field with (PhD, DCN, DrPH) or other terminal degree (EdD) plus a degree in nutrition (ABD will be considered).
- Two (2) years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the post baccalaureate level.
- Three (3) years of practice experience as a registered dietitian/nutritionist.
- Advanced practice credentials (eg. CNSC, CDCES, or any CDR Board Certified Specialist, etc.).
- Demonstrated ongoing scholarly achievement and research expertise.
- Knowledge of ACEND Future Education Model Graduate Program standards.
- Experience with online pedagogy.
- Sincere desire for personal growth and development as an educator, including teaching, scholarship, and service throughout one’s career.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion of the institutional mission and values.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
For further information and to apply for the job: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/22472