The California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics strives to improve the lives a of Californians. We believe that if dietetics is your profession, then advocacy and public policy should be your passion. Advocacy is critical to achieving our mission, vision, and strategic goals, while advancing our profession.
Central to advocacy is our grassroots members building relationships with key allies (California legislators, health and food service partners). Our members volunteer as legislative ambassadors, at district and state boards, support action alerts, share their successes, and connect the profession to the community.
Do you have a question you would like to ask the Public Policy Council? Please complete the CA Academy Public Policy Inquiry Form to submit your question.
To volunteer with the Public Policy Council email VP Public Policy.
- California Monitored Legislation
- Find your state legislator – Use your complete home address (not just your zip code) to identify your state legislators.
- State Legislator Information
CA Advocacy Materials
Download the California Academy Advocacy Manual
Your Role in Advocacy
Building Relationships: How to Contact your Legislators
Building Grassroots Advocacy Efforts
How we decide what we advocate for
Navigating California’s Landmark Worker Classification Requirements
Payment for Nutrition Services
Licensure – Business & Professions Code
CA Academy is working with Nielsen Merksamer Parrinello Gross & Leoni, LLP to achieve our public priorities:
- Protect California consumers seeking/receiving nutrition services
- Endorse a strong scope of practice of RDNs and DTRs in California
- Support the role of RDNs and DTRs in the delivery of health care in California
- Ensure and promote informed food decisions by the public
Advocacy & Public Policy News
Hunger, Nutrition and Health National Strategy Update – from Public Policy VP Anet Piridzhanyan
Hello All, We ended September with the very long-awaited White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health (1st one in 53 years!). I have...
Eating Healthy when Traveling
Eating Healthy when Traveling Tips from the CA Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Summer is here and Californians are getting ready to vacation once...