Company: Merced County Community Action Agency
Phone: 209-383-4859 ext 1246
Position Offered: WIC Program Director
Position Location: Merced, California
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, responsible for direction, administration, supervision and coordination of the Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Supplemental and Nutrition Program. This is an exempt position.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
– Supervise, direct, schedules and make decisions concerning the program’s caseload management.
– Provide technical assistance, coaching, counseling, training and development to WIC staff.
– Assist with the development, maintenance and monitoring of the operational program budget.
– Oversee preparation and assist with grant applications and the development of the Nutrition Services Plan and Request for Application.
– Establish protocols to ensure that state mandates are followed.
– Prepare reports, attend and conduct management, staff, and community meetings.
– Participate on the management negotiation team.
Education and Experience:
Registered Dietitian and Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, dietetics or a closely related field. (Masters preferred) Current and valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) card and Registered Dietitian (RD) license.
Three years experience in WIC or related field; including three years of experience in a managerial/leadership role working in community public health, primary care agency, and or ambulatory nutrition program. Experience with WIC WISE computer system preferred. Experience working with ethically and culturally diverse individuals, communities and organizations.
For the complete job description and a link to the application, please go to: https://www.mercedcaa.com/about-us/employment/
For questions about the position or applying, please call the Human Resource Dept at 209-383-4859 ext 1116.