Laboratory Clerk/Nutrition and Foods
North Orange County Community College District
Location: Fullerton College
Department: FC Natural Sciences
Phone: (714) 808-4810
Position Number: 2015470P
District Percentage of Employment: 100% Months of Employment: 12 Months Per Year
Work Schedule: Remote work transitioning to in person August, 2021. Number of days may vary by position. Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Schedule and shift are subject to change in accordance with department needs.)
- Prepares classroom or laboratory for instruction; sets up equipment and materials for exercises and demonstrations; collects, maintains and stores equipment and materials after classroom or laboratory usage; assists in maintaining classroom or laboratory in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Demonstrates or describes the proper usage of equipment and materials to instructors and students; provides information to students regarding classroom or laboratory requirements; prepares and issues equipment and materials for students use; maintains records of equipment and materials loaned to students.
- Answers telephones and directs calls as appropriate; provides routine information; maintains various records as required.
- Assists in ordering, maintaining, receiving, cataloging and storing supplies and materials; assures adequate quantities are available for timely instructional use.
- Maintains and performs minor repairs and adjustments to equipment; reports major repair needs according to established procedures; examines literature on new equipment and makes purchase recommendations; consults with vendors as assigned. Learns and applies emerging technologies and advances as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
- Participates in District/College efforts to increase the diversity of faculty and staff and to address student achievement gaps; active assistance in the creation of a welcoming and inclusive work and educational environment; attend and participate in diversity, equity and inclusion trainings and events.
- Performs related duties as assigned. Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for performing a variety of routine clerical and maintenance duties in a classroom or lab environment as required; and assisting the instructor and students in the preparation, distribution, or demonstration of instructional instruments, materials, supplies and equipment.
Working Relationships: The Laboratory Clerk maintains daily contact with students and instructors, as well as frequent contact with various college or District departments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of organization, policies and procedures of assigned department, classroom, or laboratory.
- Knowledge of the proper methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the assigned classroom or laboratory.
- Knowledge of appropriate safety precautions and procedures used in the assigned classroom or laboratory.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Knowledge of record keeping techniques.
- Ability to perform specialized duties to ensure efficient lab operations.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to meet schedules and time lines.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Training requirements (AFTER HIRE): Chemical Hygiene Hazard Communication.Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED Preferably supplemented by two (2) years of college
coursework and/or related training and experience in the assigned disciplines or subject areas.
- Commitment to diversity. All applicants must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff. The applicant must be able to demonstrate how their experience with these factors relates to successfully achieving the goals of the position.
- Prior experience in approaching work and interactions with colleagues and/or students in an equity minded manner.
- Ability to provide an inclusive and welcoming work/educational environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the barriers faced by immigrant and first-generation students.
- Experience creating detailed shopping lists from lab course recipes provided by instructors.
- Knowledge of common food and beverage units of measure and experience determining appropriate quantities of food and beverages needed to complete shopping lists.
- Ability to purchase, transport, and store groceries and supplies for lab courses.
- Knowledge of food safety standards and experience ensuring proper food storage and handling.
- Experience developing, updating, and distributing policies and procedures for the lab in collaboration with department faculty members.
- Must have an active California driver’s license and access to reliable transportation to complete purchasing responsibilities.
Working Conditions: The Laboratory Clerk maintains daily contact with students and instructors, as well as frequent contact with various college or District departments.
Salary Range: $3,828 – $4,638 Per Month
Number of Vacancies: 1 Posting Number: 2015470P
Open Date: 09/03/2021 Close Date: 9/24/2021
Special Instructions Summary: Special COVID 19 Notice:
Interviews may be held in person (following all necessary precautions) or in a virtual format. Employees must reside in California while employed with NOCCCD, even during remote work. Thank you for your continued interest in working at North Orange County Community College District. This is a classified position subject to a one-year probationary period. Initial salary placement will be determined by the Office of Human Resources in accordance with Board Policy and is not negotiable. The applicant selected for the position will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act. NOCCCD will not sponsor any visa applications. The District may choose to fill one or more positions from this recruitment within the same fiscal year or 8 months, whichever is longer. To ensure consistency and fairness to all applicants, please do not submit materials in addition to those requested. Additional materials will not be considered or returned. Be sure to complete all questions and sections of the application. For questions which may not apply, indicate “N/A” (not applicable). Do not use terms such as “see resume” or “see attached”. The minimum required number of references for this position is three (3) and will be requested at the finalist and/or offer of employment phase of the hiring process. All applications will be screened under a process of utmost confidentiality by a committee of representatives from the college community. Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
Experience: One year of experience is equivalent to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week (full time). Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for the sole purpose of meeting the experience minimum qualification. (Example: Twelve (12) months of part time work experience is equivalent to six (6) months full time).
Education: 24 units are equal to one year of education. As applicable, education must be from a regionally accredited institution and verifiable on a legible unofficial transcript. Reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities may be requested by calling (714) 808-4810 at least three business days in advance of the scheduled examination/ interview date. Evaluations of foreign degrees and/or coursework are required.
See our website for information regarding evaluation of foreign degrees.
Link to APPLICATION
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc.
All rights reserved.